PX4/Pixhawk Flight Core Controlling FireFLY6 VTOL

Hi,

I recently discovered a post on RCG here back in May 2015 from a new member about using a single Pixhawk for VTOL control on the BirdsEyeView FireFLY6. It lead to the PX4 page below describing some development firmware for the Pixhawk. Does anyone know if there have been updates to this development or how to obtain the firmware for testing?

VTOL Firmware for Pixhawk

PX4 Page to BirdsEyeView FireFly

Thanks.

3691241142?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Creg what is your idea about using two flight and RC at this project, how can I do it???

Greg Covey said:

babak,

Have you tried ordering the Sport key from the on-line store or just e-mailing them?

babak said:

I don't know why on earth they do not sell it for me.

is it possible I send you my PID code and transfer the 50$ to your bank account, then you purchase it as one of the ff6 customers???  

• I just email them, but they avoid to issued it to me.

• babak,

Have you tried ordering the Sport key from the on-line store or just e-mailing them?

babak said:

I don't know why on earth they do not sell it for me.

is it possible I send you my PID code and transfer the 50$ to your bank account, then you purchase it as one of the ff6 customers???  

• Weird glitch post above. I'm not sure what caused it.

Anyway, it looks like you have two alternatives left. From Paul's list above, they are #2 and #3.

Tridge's code is beta and not complete. You can ask when it may be completed here.

The PX4 stack solution may be in a similar beta state. You can ask about it in the PX4 Users forum here.

• I don't know why on earth they do not sell it for me.

Greg Covey said:

babak,

As Paul mentioned, there are three different firmwares for VTOL. Two versions use the APM stack and one uses the PX4 stack. I think that I am the only one to try his #3 above with my CL-84 and it was unsuccessful. There is an open thread on this beta firmware in the APM Developer forum. For using the PX4 stack solution, you can find help in their forum. I believe that I have posted a link to it early on in this thread.

My guess, which seems correct, is that you are trying to get the BirdsEyeView Aerobotics FireFLY6 firmware to work on your own VTOL design. I am not certain why you are not allowed to purchase the $50 Sport key. It is needed to properly activate their firmware.

• they mailed me this:

Unfortunately, our AvA software is tuned specifically for the FireFLY6, so it will only work on the FireFLY6 airframe.  Therefore, we won't be able to issue you an AvA key.

what is the solution for this matter ??

• babak,

As Paul mentioned, there are three different firmwares for VTOL. Two versions use the APM stack and one uses the PX4 stack. I think that I am the only one to try his #3 above with my CL-84 and it was unsuccessful. There is an open thread on this beta firmware in the APM Developer forum. For using the PX4 stack solution, you can find help in their forum. I believe that I have posted a link to it early on in this thread.

My guess, which seems correct, is that you are trying to get the BirdsEyeView Aerobotics FireFLY6 firmware to work on your own VTOL design. I am not certain why you are not allowed to purchase the $50 Sport key. It is needed to properly activate their firmware.

• hi Creg

thanks alot for your help, I try to purchase AVA key (sport key) but they have avoided to sell it me since I must purchase the firefly package??

can i use other VTOL frimware for 3 motors like cl-84 ??

I need like that frimware (cl-84)

• As far as I know there are 3 different actual firmware for the firefly:

1. the original birdseye

2. the px4 (apparently as per discussions with not working transition in dry runs, but video on px4 sites shows fully functional plane)

3. tridge own contribution on ardupilot (working on SITL) but apparently never tried in real life....

This reply was deleted.

Activity