Hi guys,

I connected the RX to the APM tonight, plugged in the battery and hoped to see life, but nothing.

Gear: APM 2.5, Spektrum DX8 with AR8000 receiver.

I read that the power in the AR8000 was distributed across the board so it wouldn't matter where it was plugged in.  Given I didn't have any two wire cables, I just used one of the remaining AUX ports from the APM.

When connecting the battery, the ESCs sound, the APM is powered and looking like a Xmas tree... All appears to be ok - except for the RX.  However, when I plug in the BIND plug, the main receiver and the satellite receiver illuminate.

I have attached some pics - would someone please be kind enough to have a look and let me know if they have any thoughts?

Cheers,

David.

20121105_234618.jpg

20121105_234554.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

Thanks for the tip Steve. Not sure what the problem was, but I took all the wires off and went through it again (this time not at midnight) and it just worked. Maybe it was just a hangover from Halloween. (;

The RX is now receiving power and I could successfully bind it to the TX.
  • Do you have a volt meter? Check that there is 5V present across the + and - pins of the APM input connectors (the pins that go from the APM to the radio receiver. At least that will tell you that power is going to the receiver.

This reply was deleted.

Activity