Quanum Nova fails to arm

I have only managed to fly my new Quanum Nova 5 times. Now it has fails to arm the motors. I have checked both the transmitter & receiver and have noticed that the receiver stops flashing red once the TX is switched on. Have read a few blogs and someone mentioned that he has had the same problem and after several tries it decided to arm itself.

Unfortunately this is not the case with mine. Have opened both TX as well as the Quad, checked all wiring and everything seems to be in order except for one link from the RX to the controller, which seems to be inserted with the -ve and the signal in reverse. Check pic below.

• Have loaded Mission Planner and confirm that none of the TX controls are showing up when trying to calibrate the TX.
  • Have also found a blog of how to bind or rebind the RX to the TX but all attempts have failed today.
  • (Can anyone clarify which pins should the shorting plug go across?)

Has anyone had similar problems?

Any suggestions - replace the RX or TX or both?

DSC02846-1.jpg

DSC02846-1.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Rich, Happy to add the text I discovered on binding the Nova. None the less, it is still a little confusing as it seems that the Rudder's bottom pin is one bind position but bind to which other pin??

Anyway, here it is:

Hi there just adding a little information relating to binding this Unit to your existing Nova Transmitter

Step 1. place the RX down in front of you with the antenna end facing out to your right hand side

Step2. From top to bottom pins located on the l/h side (1)Aileron/(2)Elev/(3)Thro(ESC)/(4)Rudd, bottom pin is the bind plug position

Step 3 -Negative pin is the outside Left an Positive pin the inside Right

Step 4. First make sure you insert bind plug Connect ESC to Thro(3) then power up, red indicator light should flash

Step 5. Now turn your transmitter on within 5 or so beeps it should bind, remove bind plug and disconnect power, switch off transmitter, then back on then power up esc it should be bound.

• Since my receiver is bound, I won't try it.  BUT I suspect these instructions are less than clear.  On other receivers I have the bind plug usually goes into the last position - i.e. 8 here, not 4 (rudder).  You would connect signal to ground - inside pin to outside pin - on position 8.  Just my suspicion

This reply was deleted.

Activity