I have an unusual request regarding someone who has admitted to putting up a drone opposite my house to spy on me. Every night I see the lights blinking from the rooftop opposite my house and it never flies anywhere, it just hovers very slowly at the same spot. My plan is to put up my own to film it, either as evidence for the police, or to find out where it goes when it flies ‘home’.
My main questions are:
- is it possible for a total beginner to follow the drone on its flight path home and if so, how?
- The drone is inaudible but still very visible - it seems to be just above rooftop level. How high does this mean that it’s flying?
- If the drone is solar powered, does the battery last the entire night and if not, how long?
- Is it possible to get a photo of the drone’s serial number or anything else which would make it traceable to its owner? How good would the photographic quality need to be?
My other question is regarding Lidar scanning, which I have heard others talk of but do not know much about. Can you tell me the function of this?
- Finally, is there any model you could recommend that ideally would have good night vision but also be possible for someone with no experience to use?
Overall, any advice that other forum members could give me would be very much appreciated. If it makes any difference, I live in the UK.
Thanks in advance! I think the concept of drones is amazing, it’s just a shame that some people abuse them.