Radio calibrate issues

Greetings,

I finished setting up my arducopter about a month ago but had issues with tilting on take off. I haven't touched it since and decided I would reconfigure it today and make sure all the sensors were working properly. I'm using the 1.0.76 mission planner and updated my firmware to 2.0.45 . I'm using a turnigy 9x with the receiver which it came with.

After I reset the eeprom and proceed to the radio calibration screen on the mission planner the mission planner is unresponsive to changes in my radio's throttle, yaw, and pretty much everything. This has happened before and was resolved by just unplugging the usb cable and plugging it back in and restarting the mission planner. However that is not working this time. Any suggestions on a solution to my problem?

- Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• After reading the whole post, I have learned more about this topic. Thank you so much. 

• Hello,

I quite new in this filed. I am building RC boat with the help of pixhawk mini and mission planner. While calibrating Radio system on mission planner, I faced some problems. My receiver had power from pixhawk mini. Transmitter has power with solid green light. Pixhawk mini was connect via USB to laptop.

I am using transmitter and receiver from Proboat recoil 26 boat. The receiver has 4 channel while mission planner is showing channel from 5 to 9.

If I try to calibrate the radio system there is no response on mission planner screen.

• Ok I'm about to start troubleshooting it again. Quick question. I've only been able to figure out how to get 2 modes out of my turnigy 9x. For the sake of testing it should I just use stabilize mode? Also I noticed with the new MP that simple is no longer an option but a check box? Does this mean if I check simple next to stabilize mode both will be on?

Edit - trying to calibrate the ESC's manually but having an unusual problem. When I throttle down after the first initial beep I get a constant beep beep going, I havent had this happen before..

• Mike, the MP was unresponsive as before. It was not updating the HUD. However, I unplugged the USB on the computer side and plugged it back in and restarted MP and now it works.. At the moment I can't run those test Mike. Ill be able to work on it tomorrow night and keep you updated.

Thanks for the help everyone.
  • Wow unbelievable.. I took a break and just came back to troubleshoot it some more. Read the thread to give Mike's suggestions a try. Plugged in the usb and now it works. HUD moves when the APM moves and the radio calibration is responsive. I wish I knew why it works now =( .

Now I need to try and fix the tilt on take off issue..

• Mike, No the HUD does not change at all when I move/tilt the APM. It also says no GPS even though my GPA is connected,

The red bars that come on the screen when you hit the "calibrate radio button" do not appear unless I hit the "calibrate radio button" and open up a window (like a internet browser) in front of the mission planner then slash it down. Then they appear.

• Did you bind the receiver with the transmitter? Even though the receiver came with the transmitter, I still had to bind the Tx/Rx for my Turnigy 9x first.

I recommend you remove the props during this troubleshooting.

I recommend ensuring your servo rail is powered, and rebinding the rx and tx.

If you have a servo, I recommend testing one of the channels with the servo.

While testing the servo, you can attach power from the APM to the RX, and from the ESC to the APM, and from the battery to the ESC. Please leave the USB unconnected to be certain that the APM is powered from the rail (so you know the Rx is getting power)

Ensure you do not have anything plugged into channel 8 input on the APM.

Make sure the rx power is oriented correctly. Make sure only the signal, and not power/gnd cables are plugged in between the rx and APM. 

Use either Mission Planner, Configuration, Setup, Radio, or CLI radio to determine if you have input. Do not observe observe only the behavior of the Quadcopter. 

Does any of this help yet? 

• 3D Robotics

"unresponsive to changes in my radio's throttle, yaw, and pretty much everything"

Could you elaborate? Are you getting any RC input at all? What else isn't working? Have you powered the RC rail?

This reply was deleted.

Activity