Recommendation for video device for HUD

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good composite to usb video convertor to use with the HUD in MP? I've got a cheap easycap one but it craps about at a very low frame rate and usually chokes and goes to black screen. I'm guess it can't handle the bandwidth. I'm using a 5.8GHz immersionrc vRx. It just has composite out.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Anyone have any ideas on this?  Anyone else have a jittery HUD overlay when using a video capture device?

• #thatwaseasy.  #solved.

Wow.  Why was that not discussed ANYWHERE in this part of the forum?  Is that a new feature?  Now I feel dumb :/  ...

• I'm using the STK1160 Grabber from Syntec, which was about $15 from Tiger Direct. It works great in every video capture application I have installed . . . except for Mission Planner, which only lets it run at 5fps, which is completely unflyable. In Ulead Studio (came with the device) I'm getting 30 fps and it looks great. I kind of need the heads up display though. I'm not sure where the 5fps limitation is coming from. The "grabber" can handle 30 just fine. Mission planner will display my laptop webcam at 30fps. Anyone have any thoughts what I could tinker with?

• u probably have a fake. Get the real thing and it works fine.

• I'm using a 10" screen PLHR96 and it's ok but I prefer to use my 27" imac that I'm already running MP on. I'm using minimOSD so would turn off the HUD overlay. Would be perfect to ditch the 10".

So it's possible the bandwidth problem is something in MP or windows and not the convertor? Anyone successfully using video in HUD?

• Hey Steve,

Here the same.., I'm so frustrated when trying see video under HUD. I did four tests with different easycap, but all are crap.

I'm considering build a GCS with a 10,2" LCD... but I really want carry so many devices to the field, is boring pack/unpack everything.

I'm following...  good luck!

This reply was deleted.

Activity