Record height and flight times

i've been looking around for height records but this is where i landed. i know that there are regulations all around the world regarding height restrictions but it would be cool to know

1. what is the height record from different drones? I've seen 8000 feet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8yHsIb6Seg

2. i know there are risks (broken drone, financial penalties etc.) what is the general feeling about record height flying ?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yeah look i'm not implying that the community intends to contravene regulation as I certainly wouldn't myself.

And i'm sure any clown can do anything given enough money and stupidity, again not my intention.

The T3 competition looks great and building reliability into anything is crucial.

With the right approvals and licenses can you fly beyond regulation ceiling height? I know this is done with weather observation or rocket development etc but are the ardupilot products capable of this? Maybe you need to use transponders and seek CASA approvals. I don't know. But that hasn't changed my curiosity. As a person investigating commercial use, it would be good to get a better understanding.

+1 on what Ric says, we had an altitude competition in the T3 back in the day click the link on the right and you will find it. You will see it was done climbing to 400' then descending and doing it again.

Just powering up and pointing up is not difficult any clown can do it.

Doing something that you can repeat and measure is hard.

This community does not condone any actions which would tend to contravene current regulations.
This reply was deleted.

Activity