Hi there guys
The summation of a number of noob errors has resulted in my (quite large) hexacopter attempting to take out a palm tree.
Logs are attached for your perusal. I would quite like it if somone experienced could confirm my theories.
1) A new 1.2Ghz video Tx is fitted. 1000mW. Overpowered and probably very noisy
2) A new GPS module is fitted. Generic M8N from banggood.com
3) Pilot neglects to test GPS with the Video Tx running.
4) Pilot fits a new antenna extension to his OpenLRS system and subsequently disconnects internal antenna connection within the OrangeRx OpenLRS Tx module.
5) Geofence complicates the above
> Replace the 1000mW Tx with a more reasonable 500mW model.
> Use a frequency that is less deliterious to GPS (can anyone tell me which specific requencies in the 1G2 range are best?)
> Replace M8N with a LEA-6H
> Use a ground plane under the GPS?????
> Keep M8N as a secondary GPS and use dual GPS???
> Switch back to 5.8Ghz Video Tx?.
Many thanks for your help.