RQ-11, is this a good UAV platform

Ok, Im new to this part of the world as Im the Director for the USJTF R&D Department. One of our Projects for 2012 is the following

UAV with the following

Main tain flight for 20-30 min. per flight

Transmit video to Laptop for real time video intel

Have flgiht controls through Laptop (Flight stick and Throttle control)

Now being new to this we are asking for any and all help in this project. Any and all info you can give would be very much needed and thanked for.

Also for those that want to know, the USJTF is a National/Internation Milsim Organization, founded here in the US.

Thanks for your help.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 100KM
    Vernon, I'm on my second skywalker and I can tell you it's an excellent testbed.As for flight time, 40 minutes plus easy. Plenty of space, very robust and stable. I'm now actually looking for the next level.
  • Ok so after going through my command structure we are going to be going with the RQ-11 So here is my queestions for this one.

1. With the ARDUPilot is there anything else I will need for programming this for GPS flight? Such as flying to waypoints circling for a bit then moving to the next Way point.

2. With the ARDUpilot am I able to use a laptop to control flgiht?

3. Would I be able to use like a Thurstmaster set up like the HOSTA WARTHOG, goto thurstmaster.com

4. What do I need for Video transmission? I'm looking at the following; XEN Wireless Baby camera 2.4ghz with the XEN wireless USB DVR 2.4ghz

Thanks for the help.

• I have been looking at the Skywalker, as many others.

So you are saying that with the ArduPlane, it can transmit video down to a laptop, along with intergrating flight controls in to the laptop as well.

• 3D Robotics

You mean this one? It's okay, but it doesn't have ailerons so there are other much better choices.  Why not go with a popular and tough foam plane, like a Skywalker?

Everything else you list is standard in ArduPlane. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity