RQ-7 Shadow 200

HelloI am in the progress in building a full replica shadow 200, with a 4.27 wingspan.Its soon done in in the first weeks of fine tuning I am just driving it on normal RC system.I am interested in having some sort of UAV/FPV system where it can be totally autonomous and i can go on it and se live picture from the dome I am placing underneath but i will also be able to override the UAV and control it like a FPV I also want to control it from my computer. I also wonder about the communication system, since all this can be transfered via a data link i can use WIFI but does anyone know about some sort of Satellite modem, as I have a full replica so space and weight is no problem, does anyone have any ideas of what kind of system I should get...Best RegardsKristoffer Larsen

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There are numerous satellite phones that you can use to make a data link similiar to a cellphone connection.  They are available for anywhere from $600 to $3,000 each plus purchasing a data plan.  Not cheap, but possible..  Also, since you are looking at a 1:1 replica what are you using as your construction materials?  The original is metal and is over 200 pounds empty weight.  But if you look toward fiberglass you could make the same size for around 15-20 pounds max.  Which not only frees up more weight for all the controls/sensors/accessories, but it will also limit your liability if you should ever crash into someone else's house, car, or other property...  Just a thought...

• Hello,

I am very interested in your project and want to build one myself. I have some very basic ideas, but no schematics. From home depot, you can get huge sections of high-density foam (4 ft x 8 ft) that is 1/2 " thick for $10. I have seen people make RC airplanes out of this. Also i think for the spars going to the tail, i will use Carbon Fiber tubing (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=...). I think to be able to use an electric motor, i will need to scale it down by 1/2 at the smallest. If you could please send me any specs you have for your plane and/or ideas for mine, please Email me at will@willsworld.net. Thank you and best of luck.

• Are there any commercial kits for the Shadow 200 ?
    I will love to build one too
  • hello,

I am a ex UAS Operator for the army and I am very interested in making a replica of the Shadow 200 now that my life involves Home Depot and not AR's, Chow Hall, and Arial Drones.  Is there any chance i could get a cross section of this plane if you have it, it would make designing this from scratch not nearly as complicated.  Email me at dave.james.white@gmail.com if this is doable and if not i wish you the best of luck.

This reply was deleted.

Activity