I have the RSSI (PWM) port of my FrSky X8R Rx connected with a servo cable to the SBUS input of the Pixhawk. I have Pixhawk configured for RSSI input to that port (RSSI_PIN set to 103 in Mission Planner, plus RSSI_RANGE set to 3.3) I have read that its possible to get MinimOSD-Extra to see that RSSI data by configuring its RSSI Channel setting to 'Channel 8'. Well, I have tried this and all I get on the OSD (with RSSI Enable RAW checked) is the PWM value being received on Channel 8 within Pixhawk, not the RSSI value as I appear to need to make this work. I know this is the PWM value I am seeing because if I set a switch to ch8 on my Tx, I can see this value change with changes in switch position, so Channel 8 is definitely getting through to the OSD, but its not displaying the RSSI value.

Logic says that there should be some configuration within Mission Planner to configure the Pixhawk to reflect the RSSI value on the Telemetry accessed 'Channel 8', but I have been searching within MP and on the Net, with no results.

Can the developer of MinimOSD-Extra please advise if there is a way to get this PWM data from within Pixhawk onto the OSD please?? (incidentally, the RSSI value is accessible within Pixhawk on the variable called RXRSSI, and it does accurately mimic the value on my Taranis radio. Maybe MinimOSD-Extra just needs to make this variable available to the OSD. Just an idea instead of using channels to get at it.

Cheers, Paul

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for your reply Paul!

I will try option 2. where the OSD can read the value from the Mavlink Data.

Thanks,

Robert

• No. I found that the Pixhawk  SBUS port (when configured as per my original post) is only capable of reading an analog input for RSSI on this port (I.e. voltage from 0 to 3.3v), but the output from the X8R is not analog, but advertised as PWM, so not directly compatible. If it were pure PWM, then it should be possible to convert the output to an analog signal to make it compatible, but from what I have read, the PWM output is not a regular PWM output on that RSSI port, so I didn't find a way to use it directly. I did however find an alternate solution to the original problem - I.e. a way to get RSSI through to the OSD.

My solution is to configure the Taranis to put the RSSI value onto a spare channel, and have the Pixhawk configured to read the RSSI from this channel. This is then accessible in Mission Planner in the RxRSSI variable. This is also accessible on the OSD by configuring it either one of two ways - either:

1. By having that RSSI sent through Channel 8 and configuring the OSD to access the RSSI on channel 8

2. By configuring the OSD to access the RSSI from Mavlink data

Both of these work.

• Hello Paul,

Did you ever find the solution to your problem?

I am on the same boat.

• Maybeyou find answer from this video, check from 10:30

Hope this help´s.  

https://youtu.be/rh7-D96FIK0?t=14m14s

This reply was deleted.

Activity