Replies

• Developer

Parth,

Ok, I've reproduced the issue although I don't immediately know the solution.  I think it's related to the scripts being meant to run on Unix and some features of the filesystem don't work when it's running on the Ubuntu VM.  We use to have a similar issue for copter but we added some checks around lines starting with "os.".  I've ping'd Tridge who may be able to help sort it out (he's the author of SITL and many other things).

• HI, newbie problem !

I follow the instruction at:

http://dev.ardupilot.com/wiki/settraing-up-sitl-on-windows/

reached to the place I tries to run the autotest.py:

./Tools/autotest/autotest.py build.ArduCopter fly.ArduCopter logs.ArduCopter --map

but all I get is command not found !

I tried to cd to the directory , and could see the code using vi autotest.py

what am I missing 

Itay

• Developer

I've two question please:

1) there's a way to connect the Planner via TCP to the simulation in progress?
    I managed to do that through jsbsim of course, but it would be nice to do that while the script is running

2) is possible covert a tlog or flashlog for running my flight inside SITL, like the telemetry log inside the Planner?

• Developer

Rob said this:

I needed to do the following to get the compilation process started:

cd ardupilot/ArduCopter
    make configure
    cd ..
    python ./Tools/autotest/autotest.py build.ArduCopter fly.ArduCopter logs.ArduCopter –map

It ran through a few tests, but I never saw a map. But but I got this error message at the end (which may be normal):

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pexpect.py", line 836, in read_nonblocking
    raise EOF ('End Of File (EOF) in read_nonblocking(). Exception style platform.')
    EOF: End Of File (EOF) in read_nonblocking(). Exception style platform.
    >>>> RUNNING STEP: logs.ArduCopter at Mon Dec 9 21:43:24 2013
    Dumping logs for ArduCopter
    Starting sketch 'ArduCopter'
    Starting SITL input
    bind port 5760 for 0
    Serial port 0 on TCP port 5760
    Waiting for connection ....
    navigating menus
    Saved log for ArduCopter to /mnt/hgfs/3drobotics/buildlogs/ArduCopter.flashlog
    >>>> PASSED STEP: logs.ArduCopter at Mon Dec 9 21:43:26 2013

It could be that the pyexpect is in dos format when it needs to be in unix format.  running dos2unix on the file might fix it.

When I set-up Ubuntu as part of creating that page I also found that the map didn't appear initially but then magically a day later it started working.  While I was working through the problem with Tridge he asked me to do this:

mp_slipmap.py

This brought up the map for me.  He then asked me to do these two:

sudo pip install --upgrade pymavlink

sudo pip install --upgrade MAVProxy

the first one didn't do anything but the 2nd one did do an upgrade which surprised me because I thought that I'd done that as part of Step #4.

• Developer

Bill Bonney mentioned that there are these newer instructions on MAVProxy but those instructions don't include detailed info on how to set-up the system on Windows.  There's info on Linux, Mac .. but no windows.

MAVProxy
This reply was deleted.

Activity