Scherrer LR and 3DR 433MHz

Greetings guys,

I wanted to check [before putting the order for the 433MHz 3DRs] if anyone is using or tested a Scherrer LR RX/TX with 3DR telemetry? They are using the same band so interference is likely, anyone  care to share their experiences and/or views?

Some +thoughts:

Although I had a couple of glitches with the Scherrer without telemetry, it basically runs fine but it is not open source and I am not that happy with their customer support.

What I would like is to run both the radio and telemetry on the same link, like DMD's LRS for e.g. [uses 869-915Mhz] but how to make it talk both ways with the APM?

Cheers 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have tested it. It works surprisingly good. 

I used APM 2.5. firmware 2.9.1

3DR 433 Mzh

Thomas Scherrer LRS.

Results are:

I set minimum power to 3DR = 1,3 mW. I placed Scherrer 2 meters away with maximum power 2W. Receiver was placed 5 meters away. 

Without LRS transmission I observed RSSI for 3DR about 100-105. When Scherrer is switched on with maximum power it falls to RRSI = 80.  about 20%. If set to 500mW power  RSSI get to 85-90. Not really a difference. 

If 3DR is set to maximum power RSSI is 150 without LRS. When switched on it goes to lowest 130.  About 15% loss. 

I tested it also on -8 degrees low temperature. Works even better.

Result is OK. Thomas Scherrer 433 and 3DR 433 are compatible.

Some settings are better than others. 

For me it works the best at settins in the picture. For longer range you can use airspeed setting 24.

settings.png

This reply was deleted.

Activity