Hello,

I teach biology and am working on a student project to use a camera (video too) to study a nesting bird.  We need advice on how to send the live streaming pictures (and video) to our smart phone or laptop.  The distance is out of wifi range.  The setting is stationary, but in the forest.  It occurs to me that the technologies discussed at DIYDrones could fit the bill, but I am really a novice and don't understand most of the discussions that I visit.  If you have any advice, I'd be grateful!

Best,

Bowerbird1

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you have 3G signal in the area, and an iPhone, you can stream live video from the iPhone to your own website. Google "ustream broadcaster" Then just mount the phone under the heli and you can watch live video all over the world!
  • getting a live stream is not that difficult (video transmitter+reciever) but to get it on a laptop or a mobile phone is more challanging
  • Maybe the mobile phone network can be used?

Try Google; "phone webcam"

What sort of distances are you talking about??

You could repeat Wifi to a fixed point.

Send us a map or couple of google earth points of what you are trying to do and I'm sure people here can come up with a solution that need not be expensive.

Its a big advantage not having a moving target!
This reply was deleted.

Activity