Share your drone info thread

Hi everyone,

I'm creating this thread to share your drone/copter information. I believe, this would help immensely for newbies like me during the initial build. For example, the Chris's blog on cheap Hobby King quad configuration is really a good resource.  

I don't want to burden anyone who is willing to share their info. Hence all fields are optional. Atleast the first 5 fields are ideal. Please find the list of fields to copy/paste at the end, so you can start filling :-). 

Here goes information about my quad.

frame: Quadcopter (3DRobotics)
controller/autopilot: APM1
esc: 20A (3DRobotics)
motors: 850Kv (3DRobotics)
propellers: 10x47, APC (3DRobotics)
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:  4S 3300mAh (Turnigy nano-tech)
total weight: -- lbs
flying time: 15 minutes (average)

radio: Turnigy 9X 
video/osd: none
other: Sonar, Xbee, GPS/Mag, Attopilot current sensor

Misc: 

Turnigy 9X: Mode1 -> Mode2 change, Li-ion battery hack
photos:

3690911422?profile=original 

3690911286?profile=original

3690911495?profile=original

-------------

frame:
controller/autopilot:
esc:
motors:
propellers:
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:
total weight: -- lbs
flying time:

radio:
video/osd:
other:

Misc (hacks/mods):

photos:

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• yup_they_are_like_pringles_by_synersignart-d8mem9v.jpgneed I say more

Flame wheel 450

AR drone

and two scratch builds

• Hi a good thread for sure.  I just got into drones about two months ago.  I believe that this is our future.  I am still cutting my teeth on a Hubsan 107C to teach myself nose in flying.  Currently there are five drones in my collection now.  I would like to share my two designs I created from my workshop.  I am incorporating a two piece design instead of having everything on one body.  So far the results are very promising.  These two designs are very stable and haul heavy payloads.  Tell me what you think and please visit my link below for any comments.

3702587020?profile=original

3702587057?profile=original

www.multicopterdesign.com

• I am using 1/8" Acrylic bought from Amazon.  I also made one out of wood and created a steam punk drone. I think you will like the 2 part design when it comes to repairs or modifications.  With the removal of 6 Phillip head screws and unplugging the esc motor leads I can have to separate body assemblies.

You will be purchasing the 3rd prototype in Design.  I have tested this latest design out and can verify it is very stable.

Here is the Steam punk Drone I made this weekend.

You can see more at You tube. Steam punk Drone

You can get the plans here. http://multicopterdesign.com/   

3702720381?profile=original

3702720335?profile=original

3702720245?profile=original3702720412?profile=original

3702720429?profile=original

3702720394?profile=original

• just an update.

I painted and antiqued the drone this weekend.  It is now on sale on Ebay.  Message me for the link so I don't break protocol with a forum's policy.

Here are the new pictures.

3702799328?profile=original

3702799429?profile=original

3702799513?profile=originalDrone flying

• This is going to be called the Suitcase drone.  I am calling it this because of the shaped of the handle on top.  I have never made a folding drone before.  I thought that by making it out of wood it would not only look really cool, but the reason I used wood was because it was the only material I had on hand without having to order any acrylic.

The plan is to use to 935kv motors, 20 amp skinny blheli escs, 6 channel receiver, 8045 props.  The total weight should come in around 1200 grams.  I can fly a drone that weighs that much with the same dimensions.  It is in the very beginning stages.  I am using foam to create friction between the motor arms and the body plates.  This has worked out pretty good so far.  It keeps the arms straight and rigid enough, yet it does not affect it when putting the arms into the folded position.  Using nylon studs as supports keeps the weight down.

The wood was cut out by a bandsaw and sanded into their relative shapes.  A drill press was used to drill out the holes. 

So far all that is built is the frame.  I am waiting on some more parts to come in the mail.  Should be a good design if it flies.3702851776?profile=original

As with all my designs it begins in a program called Inventor.  This allows me to work out any problems with the design, and let me cutout 1 to 1 ratio templates.

3702851900?profile=original

3702852007?profile=original

3702851801?profile=original

3702852072?profile=original

I like to layout what will be used on the frame to understand how to fit it all together and how to fasten them.  Sometimes I may drill out new holes or oversize some to get just the right fit for the pins or bolts.  Using this information, I add it back into the 3d model on Inventor for future changes.

3702852034?profile=original

This pictures shows the shaker pegs I used as landing gear.  The legs are sprayed with a rubber coating to give it that rubber feel and look.  Worked out better than I hoped.

• cool , what it needs now is wooden Props just to continue the theme. too bad we cant use compress air motor due to power efficiency. but it would be cool.

• Just Ordered My Hardware For My New Mini FPV:

-Hobbyking™ S250 FPV Racer Composite Kit 210mm
    -AfroFlight Naze32 Acro AbuseMark
    -HobbyKing Tiny OSD III (w/10Hz GPS and 80A Current sensor)
    -Multistar Elite 2204-2300KV Set Of 4 CW/CCW (2/CCW 2/CW)
    -TURNIGY Plush 18amp Speed Controller
    -5030 3 Blade Carbon Fiber Propellers
    -FatShark Teleporter V3 RTF FPV Headset System w/Camera and 5.8G TX
    -Turnigy TGY-i6 AFHDS Transmitter and 6CH Receiver (Mode 2)
    -Multistar High Capacity 3S 5200mAh Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack
    -Plus a bunch of wire, connectors, screws, Nylon Spacers/Nuts/Bolts, Straps

Weight should be just under 730g (So a little heavy for a mini) - Looking for 15+ minutes hover

I hope it flies, any expert opinion/suggestions/concerns are welcome.

• It is a sad day. Sorry for your loss.
      • 3691233552?profile=original

• 3691233602?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity