Hi everyone,

I'm creating this thread to share your drone/copter information. I believe, this would help immensely for newbies like me during the initial build. For example, the Chris's blog on cheap Hobby King quad configuration is really a good resource.  

I don't want to burden anyone who is willing to share their info. Hence all fields are optional. Atleast the first 5 fields are ideal. Please find the list of fields to copy/paste at the end, so you can start filling :-). 

Here goes information about my quad.

frame: Quadcopter (3DRobotics)
controller/autopilot: APM1
esc: 20A (3DRobotics)
motors: 850Kv (3DRobotics)
propellers: 10x47, APC (3DRobotics)
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:  4S 3300mAh (Turnigy nano-tech)
total weight: -- lbs
flying time: 15 minutes (average)

radio: Turnigy 9X 
video/osd: none
other: Sonar, Xbee, GPS/Mag, Attopilot current sensor

Misc: 

Turnigy 9X: Mode1 -> Mode2 change, Li-ion battery hack
photos:

-------------

frame:
controller/autopilot:
esc:
motors:
propellers:
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:
total weight: -- lbs
flying time:

radio:
video/osd:
other:

Misc (hacks/mods):

photos:

Views: 133948

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks nice. Can you send more specification details?

Like your rig! how did the tri props go? I also have some to try on my x8. but not tired them yet. Mine are 12" x 6

What is the fly weight? Also how did the tri props go and whats you opinion if these compared to 2 blades?

John

The total weight becomes 1.4Kg with LiPo.

Three blades hardly lift this slightly heavy Quad. They need higher revolution and waste power. On the 2 blades, the efficiency looks nice, however the behavior is quick.

Hi there, This is my new Arducopter X1 with jdrones motors and ESC's.I bought it from a new distributor in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

I have a GPS, a sonar and an xbee installed and working.I recently bought an optical flow sensor, got it tested OK but didn't install it yet.

Compared to my other project, a 5 kg full metal beast, flying this little guy is pure joy.

The frame:

got it from here:

The Sonar:

I installed a noise filter on it. These are the instructions.

I know, that resistor looks a bit dirty.. I should fix it soon.

Shorter motor cables. Getting rid of extra weight.

I also installed these ferrite cores on the ESC's cables, trying to achieve a cleaner signal:

And finally, a picture of the GPS, the Futaba T6EX receiver and the xbee:

It feels nice to follow fast instructions and be up in the air. Developing my own frame did teach me a lot of key elements, but it was stressful to tune up PID's and to replace broken parts after crashes. A 30 dollars propeller is not a propeller you want to break.

So far I'm really happy with this frame and I hope to get into the 3 dealers contest in time, and ideally win it!

Peace-

Esteban

Nice! What is the normal flying time? your battery? etc.. 

what details do you want ?

frame: Ardu Copter Hex

battery:  4x #N4500.4S.35/17248 Turnigy nano-tech 4500mah 4S 35~70C Lipo Pack

radio: Hitex Aurora 9

other: Sonar (more to come shortly)
GoPro Camera mount

For those that are interested, I have a video blog of the build process from a total newbie view located on my profile, http://diydrones.com/profile/Nafru

manufacturer off the esc and motors. To me the price is cheap for a rtf  if the parts are reasonable quality. , My view is cheap motor on a 4 motor quad is a recipe for eventual disasters Flight weights and expected flight time averages?. Is it easy to fit 4 more motors to make it x8 coaxial? What is the power supply for the apm?

Pay close attention to those motor mounts, induce severe vibration.

Basically enough information to input Ecalc values, to do some modeling.

Things like:

Weight of the frame(s) only

Weight of the optional camera mount(s)

Motor details.

weight/payload/battery flight times (estimated or actual).

Shared photos and cad file to build it ,

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/i-d-like-to-share-my-hexa-project...

parameter .... working progress :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service