Hi, all,

I've been flying a Skywalker 1900 platform manually with a FrSky Taranis for a little over 6 months.  I'm in the process of transiting to APM 2.6.  I am currently configuring , however, I am experiencing servo chatter/ noise upon start up which doesn't stop following the boot sequence.  Also, the rudder engages with the ailerons on the aileron channel.

Anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions?  I've stepped back and reverted to manual control by eliminating the APM and I do not have the issue, so I recognize the issue stands with my APM.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Cathy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Halo Cathy, 

Your story same as my past experience when first getting into developing UAVS. I started as a hobbist have flown both electric and glow powered planes. Coincidentally my field of work is GIS and Remote Sensing so I decided to develop my own platform for aerial survey data collection. Since then it has been enjoyment for me to be able to work and have hobby at the same time :-D

About your transitions, what level of understanding currently you have about autopilot & UAVS? My advice is that you need to know the hardware and software components in order to get a good start. These are the guidelines you can folow;

1. Check your hardware setup the wiring, components like motor (KV, power), esc (how many AMPs need to match battery), propeller (do you need speed or more thrust), servos (economy or vey good) is it the right components the right specs suites your objective? 

2. APM, have you done the prerequisite steps like load the right firmware into (arduplane for skywalker), calibration etc?

3. Have you done the setting a. flight modes on mission planner & radio flight modes switch?

If you already done the above, then you can test flight and ready for your first mission.

You can read and understand the comprehensive guide here http://plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/arduplane-setup/ 

Hope this helps. Thanks   

This reply was deleted.

Activity