Software guy so stupid hardware question ;)

Hello,I am in the process of learning many things but as a software guy, I am puzzled by a stupid HW question.The ArduPilot or other systems do make use of a GPS receiver.The same applies for the FPV system I am considering.Hence my very dumb question: Is it possible to feed both boards with the signal from the GPS receiver using Y cables or the signal will be too degraded to be useful?Any tip on how to proceed?Thanks in Advance

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I would take some care in checking that both the autopilot parser and the OSD parser are able to handle the input from the GPS you are planning to use. Not all are interoperable directly, and also you should check the voltage of the serial ports to make sure they are all the same. But if you have a OSD which works with em406 GPS then just solder a Y cable and off you go :)
  • Yes, you can split the RS242 serial signal from the GPS and drive more than one device. Just use a Y cable.

Just be careful to keep the cable less than about 100 feet long or much shorter if you want to run at a high baud rate.
This reply was deleted.

Activity