Stabilize not working

Hi

I am experiencing strange problems. When testing stabilize on grund it works as expected. In air, APM will send the aircraft into an inverted spin within 1-4 seconds ins stabilize mode. This is with APM 1 and 2.5 (different recent firmware versons). The APM 1 has been in a Raptor (2m) flying many successful missions.The new airframe is a maja from bormatec.

We have tried the Maja param file from the APM wiki, we have also tried stock settings with the same results. At the moment, I don't have an Idea where to search for the problem. Any thoughts?

Best wishes

-S

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I used to fly a Maja. Have some successfull flights, but I dont like the airframe, everithing is too flexible.

The speed is critical, when the airplane stall allways make a violent spin and if you are landing then you have a crash. allways land the maja with enough speed.

The standard parameters does´t work for me. I have to use some unusual parameter to make this plane to flight straight lines.

Now I have much more experience with arduplane and probably start tunning different from my aproach with the maja. but now I have two maja dreaming in my workshop waiting for someone who want to fight with him.

Are you using standard wing or the large ones ? wich is the weight of your maja full ?

• Simon,

here are the logfiles of todays missions and the used config. seems as the logs aren't very helpful?

2012-08-25 22-52 2.log

2012-08-25 22-59 11.log

maja_apm25.param

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692494917?profile=original
  • 3D Robotics

You've probably got a channel reversed. Are you absolutely sure all the control surfaces move in the right direction when you test stabilize on the ground?

This reply was deleted.

Activity