I have no or maybe noisy signal inputs from receiver. What should I try?
Currently, I've only succeeded in downloading ArduPiratesNG code, because 2 other (ArduCopter) codes have continuous errors in my system.
I've connected the Configurator v.1.22. It is connecting to oilpan on 100-200th try, after several resets.
I've been told to check "Set RTS on close", but there's no such options in Windows 7 COM port settings, only on XP.
Okay, I said, but it is connected anyway!
Initialise EEPROM - OK.
Checking receiver inputs - NO signal.
Disconnected Rx (AR8000 receiver with DX8 transmitter, on PPM), plugged to a servo - works fine!
Connected to oilpan board - no signal again.
Even the same servo, being connected to a free channel, appears not receiving signal.
Then I've connected that poor servo to OUT_1, or OUT_2... and it started to dither, like there was big noise, and quickly became hot.
When I made another reset, the servo stopped. It only dither, when both flight mode and PC connection are active.
And finally, no motor commands happen - changing motor slider in Configurator has no effect on servo.
My current setup:
- 2560 IMU v 1.4 with shield.
- USB 2.0 is connected
- 3 main channels and 3 aux channels of Rx connected to the shield via 1-wire connectors.
- the last one main channel is connected by 3-wire connector (probably, Elevator, but I've found that all power pins are connected with each other, so no matter where to connect power)
- 3-wire ESC BEC connected to OUT_1 or Rx Bind/Dat (I've changed that positions with no effect; any position made Rx turn on)
- no other equipment connected, I'm afraid of burning the board as it was mentioned in the instructions.
- of course, switch is set to 1 (forward)
What should I try next? Is this problem of OilPan, or software, or other hardware?