Strange values to ESC

Hi,

I'am working on a AdruCopter (beginner!) and build a nice frame. Ordered all electronics put the software (RC1) in and started testing.

All sensors are working as they should but! the values from the motors are very strange.

The boards are on my desk and pushing the trottle give 4 complete different values to the motors.

Where to look? I did trying extra initialisations etc..

i hope you can give me some help..

Thanks,

Max

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer
    If i remember correctly, I had similar oscillation when I tested my APM also at table. It is because software get's confused of gyro/accel output after motor output has been done. Software tries to rotate APM to it's normal orientation and because it is not installed on any frame nor having motors, it get's confused.

Can you post a small sample output from Serial Monitor after you have given 'S' command.
  • Do you use the stadard PID values?
    What radio do you use?
    Are the Gyro & accel values 0 when not moving the board (Flight Data Screen)?
    Could you make screenshot of the transmitter adjustment page with stable mode values and post ist.
  • what happens if you move the apm board?
    do the motors change their speed?
  • Point 2. is very important. The APM uses your Tx input to change the orientation of the sensors. If your TX readings at center stick is not 1500 and center is defined at 1500, the APM thinks that you want to change dthe Flying direction and the motors start to ¨turn at different speeds.

Front: 1350 Rear: 1106 and after a while
    Front 1853 Rear: 1606

means APM tries to change the direction (yaw) and the pitch is not at level.

Please make sure that all values are centered. Have the gyros leveled when powering up.
    Do you use the stadard PID values?
    What radio do you use?
  • Ok,
    1. did you calibrate the ESC's to your radio?
    2. Your radio values are at 1500 with the sticks centered.
    3. Please start the motors and put the throttle to 50%, read the values below the "Motor bars" in the configurator.
  • Hi, Christof,

Thanks for replying: yes i did all the wiring as explained. I did load the initial values after witch the sensorvalues make some sense.. And adjusted the tx values.
    But the motor values makes no sense. For example: Front en Rear motor are running 1600 rpm and left and right 1100 and 1400.. (boards lying still on my desk not moving at all) but after playing sudenly the ront and rear motors are going down to 1200 and then de right and left motors running 1600 rpm..
    Complete chaos.. i don't understand whats going on..
    sensor values looks fine they react as suspected..

Max
  • Hi Max
    I suppose you have everthing wired as explained in the manual. The next step would be to load the initial values to the eeprom with the configurator and then adjust your TX values. When you have adjsuted all channels to a proper center value, the motor output will follow the thottle value unless you move the gyros.

Best

Christof
This reply was deleted.

Activity