Note to self: stop taking phone calls while trying to build my UAV.I just stripped the blue wire off my motor (a motor which has never even been turned on) as I was trying to remove a poorly soldered connector on the end.

I was able to take the motor apart by removing the sticker, and take the permanent magnet out.

I think I could fix this if I could just get in to solder the wire back on and see where I stripped it from, however, I see no way to remove the inner sheath which contains the wire coils.Is it glued to the metal frame?Also, was about to order a replacement, but it is on Backorder.http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/240031.aspI called HobbyPeople - they say they don't have an estimated date.I called Multiplex - they said they're discontinuing this in favor of Hitec motors.What would be a comparable engine to use with the Thunderbird 36 speed controller and 2100mAh 2.1 A , 11.4v 3 Cell LiPo I have?Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics
    Is this for an EasyStar? If so, I'd just get a replacement. This one is very affordable.
  • My suggestion to you is to post your question on RCgroups in the Electric motors design and construction forum. I am pretty sure there will be someone around with some or extended experience with BL. Not sure many people twist their inrunners themselves (outrunner DIY is much more common). But you may be lucky there. You could also try out the WattFlyer forum. I wish you good luck, but I can't be of much more help.
    RCGroups: Remote Control, Radio Control Planes, Drones, Cars and Boats
    RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums,…
This reply was deleted.

Activity