Sunnysky motors, whether they are fake or real

I'm gathering parts for a 450mm quad and the only thing that I'm worried about is whether or not these motors are legit. I have read that there are many copies of these motors on eBay and other sites, like even bang good and was wondering if anyone could tell if these were legit or fake before I get them and potentially waste money.I have read up on all the fake clone models out there and so far this looks good. If there is anyone in the know I would greatly appreciate it if you could help.Link to eBay page: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-SUNNYSKY-X2208-7-2600KV-Brushless-Motor-30A-ESC-RC-Multicopter-Aircraft-/301496136276?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item463291f254

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I do know about those things, but the thing I am asking is if anyone can tell if they are fakes or not by actually looking at the item I would be buying. I also never said I would buy anything from banggood, I was using it as an example of a place that sells fakes. Again, my real question is about identifying fakes, not where to buy them, and if people think that my eBay link is genuine or not.
    • Louis check the threads on RC Groups. The font of the S in Sunnysky is often a give away. Also the windings are usually visually bad and the bearings not good. I have fakes. The fakers may be getting better with those things but that is what I noticed.
    Never had a problem with them from banggood, other than the ridiculous shipping times. eBay? Better to ask if anything is real ;-)
    • Do not ever buy sunnyskys from Banggood. I have received fakes from Banggood. It is very well documented by now..check threads on RCGroups. They know what they are doing and are knowingly selling fakes. Ebay is a lottery. Lots of fakes. Pics will tell you nothing as they use genuine pics.

Buddyrc is where you get genuine Sunnysky in the US. Banggood is great for cheapie electronic stuff.
      • getfpv.com is good, right?

• Top notch as far as I know. US based and they ship fast and everything I have got from them is good.People say Buddyrc is the main us distributor of sunnsky.
          • Ok, I was interested in getFPV because many people said that they ship really fast and that is a big plus. I might buy from them. Or BuddyRC, it will depend on what other things I get from them.

• Buddy RC has extremely fast shipping as well. Guaranteed to be genuine.  Ive been into electric flight for a long time, Sunnysky motors are the best value out there. Excellent motors!

Apologies Marc, you are completely right. I meant to say that I got mine from goodluckbuy not banggood. They are one of the few places to get real Sunnysky motors, confirmed by Sunnysky themselves. And Louis, Marc is right again that you can't tell by the photos as they do use genuine pics.
This reply was deleted.

Activity