Suspect mode switching problem using APM 2.22

During a test fight I noted that the modes I had programmed in setup did not seem to operating correctly.

I have APM 2.22 installed in control board.

I had  " Manual, Stability and RTL " set in the 3 position mode switch. the first 2 modes seemed to work OK but RTL was not working and appeared to be circling.

I checked the download of the flight LOG and found the mode had been changing into ' Circle ' mode on several occasions and did not show a switch to 'RTL' mode even though 'Circle' selection was never setup .

I have set the mode switch positions to exactly the correct pulse-width as specified in the manual.

What is the best way to identify what is the problem ???

David

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I Have now updated to APM 2.23.   We did two test flights today found that the RTL switch is now working, but not properly.

After the mode change the altitude dropped quite sharply and returns in the general direction but approx 45 degrees off  from the target switch on position(home).  We had to terminate RTL before it got to close to the ground.  Manual and Stability modes working fine.     I suspect the drop in altitude is due the minimum flight is too slow for my plane, it needs to fly 85kph at least for normal operation.

• I'm noticing something like this in 2.23. My plane was going along in auto just fine, and when I switched to RTL, it death spiraled into the ground. I checked my modes in the MP and they were setup correctly... Previous versions the RTL mode worked fine.
  • You are in the wrong Discussion group, this is ACM.
This reply was deleted.

Activity