Swift Nav Piksi

Hey everyone,

There was a lot of talk about the Swift Piksi RTK GPS mid-last year. The last thing I can find is that drivers were included in the ardupilot firmware such that it supported the Piksi as a normal GPS, but as yet without RTK functionality.

That was 6 months ago now, but I can't find anything in any change logs so suggest the RTK support has since been implemented.

Does anyone know anything more about this? It would be super cool to see RTK functionality on this system.

Cheers,

Patrick

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Tim .. We are waiting for this fantastic unit to be fully functional with Pixhawk .. keep up the great work and I am sure everyone will be placing an order as soon as you say its ready to fly!.

Regards Reuben

• Thanks for your work, but i'm a bit puzzled, so the product sale in http://store.swiftnav.com/s.nl/it.A/id.4229/.f hasn't got full functionality of the RTK?

• The units themselves have full RTK capability with the supplied software, but as yet only normal single-point GPS is supported on Ardupilot systems.

• Thanks, super fast reply... great forum

• Thanks for your work, Tim, I'm looking forward to it!

• +1 on getting more status updates on this. I've been playing around with RTK myself on L1 with cheap receivers that only do GPS (piksi does more) and wanted to see whether high precision can really be used for vehicle navigation when L2 is not available on the device.

This reply was deleted.

Activity