This for people who are interested in Taranis 6 Position Switch setup for 6 Flight Modes w/APM 2.5 & Mission Planner.

Flight Mode PWM Values

FM 1 – PWM 0 - 1230

FM 2 – PWM 1231 - 1360

FM 3 – PWM 1361 - 1490

FM 4 – PWM 1491 - 1620

FM 5 – PWM 1621 - 1749

FM 6 – PWM 1750+

SF 2-Position Switch

SF UP D0 – FM1 (PWM 1100)

SF DWN ID1 – FM2 (PWM 1300)

SA 3-Position Switch

(SA UP ID0) – Not Assigned / No Values

(SA MID - ID1) – FM3 (PWM 1420)

(SA DWN ID2) – FM4 (PWM 1550)

Mixes

(SF UP - ID0) & – (SA UP ID0) FM1 (PWM 1100) Source - MAX, Weight  -77, Multpx - Replace

(SF DWN - ID1) & – (SA UP ID0) FM2 (PWM 1300) Source - MAX, Weight -38, Multpx - Replace

(SF UP - ID0) & (SA MID - ID1) - FM3 (PWM 1420) Source - MAX, Weight 10, Switch - (SA MID ID1) , Multpx – Add

(SF UP - ID0) & (SA DWN - ID2) - FM4 (PWM 1550) Source - MAX, Weight  47, Switch - (SA DWN ID2), Multpx – Add

(SF DWN - ID1) & (SA MID -ID1) – FM5 (PWM 1700) Source - MAX, Weight 62, Switch -( SA MID -ID1) , Multpx – Add

(SF DWN - ID1) & (SA DWN - ID2) – FM6 (PWM 1800) Source - MAX, Weight 50, Switch -(SA DWN - ID2) , Multpx – Add

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Anybody willing to check my first try:

I configured like that:

Switches: SD + SC

SD high + SC high = Stab

SD high + SC mid = ALT

SD high + SC low = RTL

SD mid + SC high = PH

SD mid + SC mid = Loiter

SD mid + SC low = RHL

SD low + SC high = Land

SD low + SC mid = Stab

SD low + SC low = RTL

My APM is still on it's way and I can't test it. Can anybody help me?

Will my file work?

Hex-save.eepe

• Those setting aren't relevant.

You need to have your APM device attached via your receiver.

Then setup the flight modes with Mission Planner

• They are!

I need the ch5 to reach certain points to activate different Flight options.

The problem is: I can't check if they are correct and the APM will be able to use the values I used (found online).

• You'll need channel 5 for your 2 position switch and channel 6 for your 3 position switch.

I would suggest that wait until you receive your APM and we can address the setup then!!

• Flight modes are all on ch5 on APM. With 2 switches, 3pos and 2pos or 3and3.
            All mixed on ch5.
  • Thanks for that.

But, could you explain a bit more? I don't understand how all settings work together. Thanks.

• The Taranis PDF manual does an excellent job of explaining how the pieces  work together!

• thanks for the hint.

Did a bit of searching....do you mean this one?

https://code.google.com/p/opentx/downloads/detail?name=openTx_FrSky...

• Yes sir, that's the one.

I am sending you a .eepe file for the Taranis and APM.

Just load it in to your transmitter.

APM Flightmodes with curves.eepe

• I think I could load this into my Taranis...but, will this give me what I need to use it with my 3DR Iris?  I know how to bind the radio to the stock Iris receiver (FrSky 4DR-II)...will it then be correctly set up for this receiver?  What about if I were to swap out the stock 4 channel receiver for the 8 channel FrSky receiver the Taranis came with (X8R)?  I am not knowledgeable yet to know how to modify the radio so need to know if by loading this eepe, the radio will only need for me to bind to one or the other receiver.  If more is involved, how complicated will it be?  I don't mind learning if it doesn't require a PhD...I am much better off than when I first started after getting the Iris, but unfortunately, no one makes an RC for Dummies book yet.   Hint hint to all you authors out there!

This reply was deleted.

Activity