Tarot Gimbal not working.

I have finally gotten around to upgrading my Hex with a Tarot Gimbal.  I have it mounted, assembled, and connected, but it isn't working.  I connect it to power and it will start up and then go crazy, it jitters and then will pitch 90 - 180 degress at random, sometimes the cable will wrap.  I have checked the screw on the tilt motor. I have tried different configuration settings, lowering the gain to almost nothing, raising it all the way.  Calibrating the sensors facing upwards, tried every firmware version I could find.  All with the same result.  I do notice this however.  When I am in the software, if I plug in the gimbal, connect to it, and the motors are off, then the 3d camera in the window matches the movements of the gimbal when I move it by hand.  However within 1-2 second of turning the motors on the gimbal goes crazy and the camera image in the software begins tumbling.  Once it begins tumbling, the only way to stop it is to disconnect the gimbal and power it down and reconnect.  It seemed to respond to servo input for a split second once, but still no luck.  I am hoping its a simple fix that someone knows about.  

Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Matt,
    I tried everything. Eventually I bought a new main board and sensor board and replaced them, I wasn't to happy about having to do this on a brand new gimbal, however it works now. I must say I'm not impressed with the quality control of the tarot gimbal electronics or support. My next one will definitely not be a tarot.
  • Exact same problem!!!! Scrambling to find the fix as well!! Did you upgrade the firmware properly? I did but no luck, I plan on trying to update motor firmware and plugging the USB in the motor control see if that changes anything. PLEASE let me know what you find with any solutions you attempt! 

This reply was deleted.

Activity