Telemetry Issues

Hi guys,

I've been working on this for a while and cannot figure it out. First of all, I am running the ATMEGA1280 board with the APM 2.23 software(tried different versions with no luck). When connecting the APM setup through USB to the computer, ground control software picks up the telemetry data fine. When I try to go though the PORT3 XBEE link, it only gives spotty results - the "percentage" ranges in the lower left corner show very low numbers, but shows it is connected, with no sensor readings. When I disconnect, it shows the "warning link lost for 3 seconds..." statement.

Xbees are 900MHz, running the XB900-DP 1161 firmware. I can communicate between xbees with serial monitor windows, but doesn't work on the telemetry link. Running them at 57600 baud, and tried running them at 9600 as well. 

Also, I believe that everything is set up right in the config.h file.

#define SERIAL3_BAUD            57600
#define GCS_PROTOCOL        GCS_PROTOCOL_MAVLINK
#define GCS_PORT                   3
#define GPS_PROTOCOL        GPS_PROTOCOL_MTK16
#define LOGGING_ENABLED     DISABLED

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Nick

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Anyone?

• Also, in the command line window in the HK Ground Control Station, I'm only getting a print like every half second. An example line would be -

"MAVlink - 55 03 FC 01 01 00 01 03 02 5E 8C"

• Okay, I tried using the APM V1.02 and it worked, so I'm not setting something up right in the code. Any ideas?

This reply was deleted.

Activity