Hi all,

My setup is this:

Transmitter: Turnigy 9X running er9x

TX/RX: FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for JR w/ Telemetry Module & V8FR-II RX

Flying thingy: 3RD Arducopter running APM1

I already have telemetry over Xbee to my laptop but I would like to have data to my hands as well.

There are mods/hacks on google how to get transmitter to show FrSky telemetry but I'm planning on taking the easy route and buy a separate FLD-02 screen. 

My questions:

1. Do you have experience using APM and the FLD-02?

2. Any reason why this is stupid? :-) I have no problems soldering tricky stuff but if there is a cheap and easy way (the FLD-02) then I'll take it!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Great work guys! 

I was going to use a Arduino Pro Mini for this. Did you use level conversion between the ProMini (i.e. JDrones IOBoard) and FrSky Receiver Rx pin? Thx

•  I just compared the  data recorded in Mission planner and the one on the display, by putting the coordinates in Google maps the lat is off few 1000 Th of degree and the longitude is missing some digit after the misplaced decimal point so the location is off about 1 km. But now you are very close this is a big improvement, can not wait for your next version

• Hi,
    lat and lon were divided by 10^5, were previously divided by 10^7.
    For the voltage sensor, I'm working on it.
    I have not changed the variables x/y/z and they report pitch/roll/yaw in radians.

Can you try this code?

jD_IOBoard_FrSkyMAVLink.tar.gz

• Get the JR drones IO board. This splices into the Mavlink telemetry port, translates it into the FRsky protocol, and sends via the connector on the FRsky receiver. You of course need the a capable FR sky receiver.

This reply was deleted.

Activity