Throttle and Channel 5 linked??

Hi guys,

When doing the radio calibration I noticed that the throttle and Radio 5 were, well, the same.  I'm sure this can't right - as radio 5 was meant to be for flight mode.  I'm using one of the solid cables from the input rail and have individual wires to the RX.  My transmitter has a flight mode switch - which clearly would be great to use here.

Pour quoi?! Any thoughts?

Screen shots attached.

Gear: APM 2.5 and Spektrum DX8 with AR8000.

Throttle-Channel5v1.jpg

Throttle-Channel5v2.jpg

Throttle-Channel5v3.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You'd be surprised how many times I've had this happen to me when setting up my planes, and just had a T9x do completely reset while changing batteries. Word of advice if you're using a T9x, it can sometimes just reset, and default model type is heli, not acro. Just something to watch for!

• I use an older JR 10sx helicopter radio to fly my multirotors.  One advantage that I have found is the idle up feature offered by the heli radio.  I use the pitch channel to control the flight modes of the multirotor.  All you have to do is make the pitch curve a flat line at a pwm output level that corresponds to the flight mode you want in the MP setup for each idle up.  That way the pwm for the pitch channel stays the same no mater where the the throttle stick is.  The 10sx offers a normal, stunt1, stunt2, stunt3, and stunt4 idle ups, therefore I get 5 flight modes out of a combination of 2 switches.  If you are using PPM this won't be possible unless we have a way to change the order in which the APM interprets the PPM stream.  That we we could assign any channel in the PPM to correspond to any input on the APM.  I posted a question day before yesterday in regards to the PPM streams channel order, but no one has answered it yet.

Beau

Hmm...  So I took all the cables off.  Re wired to the RX.  The reason this was happening is because I didn't have something to to the 'gear' pin on the RX.  I put Channel 5 to Gear and it seems to work fine now.  Radio 1-7 all good.  [nothing on radio 8 yet].

I know I replied to myself a few times, but I hope this helps someone else - if they ever stumble across this error.

Cheers,

David.

Also - just adding to this...  When I disconnect the throttle wire from the RX, obviously throttle doesn't work, but channel 5 still does??

• Developer

Have it in Heli mode?

Jason

This reply was deleted.

Activity