Maybe it is not the PIDS but I think they contribute. I have two platforms .APM 1.x and 2.x
Mainly I am concerned with my 1.x running 2.7.3 on a quad. I have 1000kv motors (2212) and the gps does not seem to be very accurate I am using the mediatek version and it seems to have a bit of error. Also my magnetometer used to be reading as if it were pointing forward. Now it seems to be reading 90degrees clockwise of where it should be.
Anyway multiple broken props have led me to the forums where I am hoping to get some help. I have tried multiple catually librations and I actually had a good flight one time although it did not land.
Now I am running amuck and cannot find light at the end of the tunnel. It flies very stable if in stabalize and manualy controlled. It does not seem to do auto so good anymore
Sorry for cross posting but my first post was in the wrong place
I have found that the best magnetometer calibration is from a flight log. Do 3 or more flights and write down the X,Y, and Z offsets. They should be about the same from flight to flight. I get a very accurate cal from this method.
If you change or move anything on your aircraft that has metal in it you should do another magnetometer cal.
Yes, the mediatek is ok but not a great GPS. If you go for the ublox you'll likely get better results.
For Loiter and navigation, I'd stick with the standard parameters..but try using the channel 6 tuning to get the Loiter Rate P value ok. Default is 2.4 but you might need to crank it up as high as 5. Also apparently as you increase P you should decrease I.