Turnigy 9x Channel 5 Problem

Hello,

After long hours of Google searching and digging in this forum, I couldn't find any information about this (maybe it is just that I don't know how to search).

The issue is that for some reason, my Channel 5 pulse changes according to my throttle stick position and my flight mode swith won't modify channel 5 values. Due to this, I can't select flight modes since the will be changing automatically as I adjust the throttle.

I'm using APM 2.6, Turnigy 9x transmitter + its module, channels 1 to 4 wired and APM 5 channel wired to Rx channel 6.

The most weird thing is that I had used this Tx/Rx combo in this same multicopter before and it worked straight away. My Tx broke (it fell from 5 meters) and bought another turnigy 9x, the one I talk about in this post.

Please, I'd thank a lot all kind of information, from solutions to experiences of other people having or who have had this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Óscar Moreno García.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have the same exact problem with my FS-TH9x and APM 2.5, only my roll stick is what affects my channel 5 PMW.  Despite trying just about everything in the book to correct for or offset the affect, the only thing that really helped was adjusting the pitch gain to the point where the center position on my 3-position switch registered a PMW that was higher than what could be obtained from full-stick roll.  This was ~1400 PMW, which left slots 5 and 6 open for assigning modes without being compromised by the roll stick. To clarify, mode slots 1-4 were each assigned 'Stablize' so that the mode would remain the same throughout the entire range of the roll stick.  Slot 5 was assigned 'Alt Hold' and slot 6 was assigned 'RTL'.  Hopefully this helps you at least a little.  Let me know if you need clarification.

Also, for anyone interested in a huge variety of F450/F550 colored arms (i.e. neon green, electric blue, hot pink), frames, and landing skids, check out our new website at www.cascadecustommulticopters.com !

• It sounds to me like you have some sort of mix setup on the transmitter.  You'll either have to go through all the mix settings and check they are all off, or reset the profile on the transmitter and start again from scratch.

• Make sure you have not set the radio to Heli mode.

• It is in heli mode, why shouldn't it be, I use a multicopter, which is a lot similar to a heli.
        • I use mine in plane mode (I think it tells you to do this somewhere in the manual).  Heli mode on the 9x automatically includes some mixes to (I think) adjust the rotor blade pitch as you throttle up.  Obviously this isn't needed when you are flying an APM multirotor because you have fixed blade pitch.

• Ok, I'll check that. Thanks for the info.
            • As Mike said, should be in plane mode regardless of which model tx you have.

• Hi,

Check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5cyrLZzr3g very handy and explains some settings for the 9x and how to check for stuff (he has loads of good videos, this one explains in more detail about heli mode and the 3 position switch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n_5wNA2jTI).

He now advocates using acro mode, however I still use heli mode with my 9x (or was until I switched to a Taranis) as I found I could use all 8 channels to the APM, wheras in acro mode I could only use 7 (although acro mode did allow me to use 6 flight modes rather than just 3 when using heli mode ... you don't really need more than 3 flight modes though!).

My setup using heli mode was the usual for channels 1, 2, 3 and 4, then:

• Channel 5 on 9x was set to 'gear switch'  and plugged into channel 7 on the APM (to be used for switching a camera on or simple mode etc).
              • Channel 6 on 9x was set to 'NULL' as its output was based on the 'pitch curve' as per the video above and connected to channel 5 on the APM (to be used to allow flight modes to be changed, 3 flight modes possible).
              • Channel 7 on the 9x set to 'pitch trim' and plugged into channel 6 on the APM (to be used for tuning to quad or increasing auto speed etc).
              • Channel 8 on the 9x was to 'Thro Hold' and plugged into channel 8 on the APM (to be used mainly for setting RTL  ... NOTE that this by default does cut the throttle and another change is required to stop it from doing this, but I can't remember what it was and don't have the transmitter with me at the moment ... you can check what it will do by using the Display option as per the videos).

Regards,

S.

• Still, I don't understand why. I didn't change any setting. I'll check all settings but, do you know by chance any way to reset all settings to fabric on the Turnigy 9x?

Thanks for the information and help, I really appreciate it.
      • Just create a new model on the 9x and do the radio calibration again. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity