Turnigy 9X  elevator potentiometer does not work correctly in one direction. It drops to zero Ohms after about 3.8 KOhms instead of moving all the way to around 5 KOhms. Did anyone repair or replace it before? I saw a post that used conductive paint.

Would appreciate any assistance.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I cannibalized a cheap radio for a pot. Had to make some small modifications to the length of the shaft.  Ebay has some, but hard to tell what size they are as far as shaft diameter and length.

Some were able to fix the pot surface conductivity by using the repair solution from a car windshield defrost kit.

• Hei

Did you find out where to get the B505 potentiometer because i am having some jitter on my T9x throttle stick or what did you do to get yours working?

• My X9 radio is practically brand new. This brings me the question: is there an optical stick reading alternative out there?  This way there is no chance the pot would wear out or temperature drift.

• Thanks to some posts online at RC groups, managed to get it working (probably only temporarily) by bending the pot's contact arms sideways where they contact new resistance surface. Apparently, Turnigy uses cheap pots that wear out quick. Now, I need to find some replacement pots for the future.

This reply was deleted.

Activity