My goals is to modify a 3DR X8+ octocopter to autonomously take off and land on a moving surface vehicle (a boat). The idea is to feed the drone with a certain GPS location. Then I´d like the drone to perform a 360° ROI flight around that positon, come back and land.
This is what I´ve been thinking of so far:
- for the first flight stage (including ROI) I could easily write an autopilot mission and upload it to the autopilot
- then -when it comes to return to my boat- I´d like to fly in guided mode so that the drone follows a GPS signal transmitted by the surface vehicle
- once the drone is hovering above the boat I´d like to have an optical tracking system improving the landing accuracy
Unfortunately I haven´t worked with drones before! But I´m trying to catch up.
So this are the questions I have:
- once I´m in guided mode how can I feed my drone with new GPS positions?
- how can I send control commands without a control?
I´d really appreciate your help!
Thank you :)
Have a nice day.