Replies

• :) no special name for the board. It is sold already together as one unit with the HC SR04.

At the moment I saw on on EBay

----> http://www.ebay.com/itm/APM2-Ultrasonic-Module-HC-SR04-for-RC-APM-2...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/APM2-Ultrasonic-Module-HC-SR04-for-RC-APM-2...

here you have the two boards together an the 3 pin analogue signal for APM and Pixhawk ;)

Angelica Crespo said:

Thank you so much, Bernardo! May I know the name of the additional board attached to the Sonar? What is it called?

Bernardo said:

Hi Angelica,

the APM, Pixhawk, Pixhack, CUAV and similar FC from this series needs a special signal that is provided through

a small additional board attached to the Sonar you have.

It is available from RC stores, China suppliers and from EBay as a set..

Please see the attached images.

• Thank you so much, Bernardo! May I know the name of the additional board attached to the Sonar? What is it called?

Bernardo said:

Hi Angelica,

the APM, Pixhawk, Pixhack, CUAV and similar FC from this series needs a special signal that is provided through

• ..........more pics:  hope this helps a little :)

R0019301.JPG

sonar ww.jpg

• Hi Angelica,

R0019295.JPG

R0019296.JPG

R0019297.JPG

• Hi Bernardo, I'm using the same sonar sensor, HC-SR04. However, it has 4 pins: Supply, Trigger, Echo, Gnd. You mentioned that you used the sonar with the second board attached where 3 pins come out. May I know the details about this second board? I can't seem to make the 4-pin sensor work with Pixhawk. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Bernardo said:

Hi :)
    cool that the sonar works on APM.
    What is the A1 pin for the Pixhawk??
    I'm reading through the WiKi but there is no mention how to connect the HC-SRo4 to the Pixhawk.
    I use the sonar with the second board attached where 3 pins come out.
    The sonar shows a red led but no numbers in MP. I connect to the ADC 3.3 V plug in the middle.
    Is that ok?
  • trying the same with hcsr04 and apm 2.52 is there a known work around yet? any advice on how to hook up the 4 pin sensor would be greatly appreciated

• Hi Bernardo,

I also want to connect HC_SR04 with Pixhawk.
    The HC-SR04 that I have has 4 pins : 5V Supply, Trigger pulse Input, Echo pulse output, Ground.
    Can you please help me understand how I can connect this with pixhawk?
    Did you make any changes in ardupilot or HC_SR04 driver's code also to make it work?

• Hi :)

ok, today i can inform that the module works now!

Pin 14 did it.

Many thanks to Juan - you lead me to success :D

(YAY!!! ) :D

• sorry - I have trouble connecting to this forum, veeeeery slow and the html mode (menue does not show up) and also the upload-browse option is not there (pics) ?????

It's only me ?
    • today it's normal again ,  quick connection to the DIY forum :)  - perhaps issues in DE 'cause of the rainstorms .....

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…