Unable to charge LiPos

I went through 2 3 cell 2200ma batteries. I get this weird problem:On my charger I get an overvoltage error even though I've just been flying with it for a good 5-6 minutes. I get an undervoltage error on the other one, after just charging it and then putting it in the copter.Is it my batteries? Is it my charger? Or does the arducopter do something strange with them?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Overvoltage sounds like you might have the charger set for 1 or 2 cells. On the other one, Undervoltage could be you drained the lipo too much, you never want to take them below 3.3 volts per cell. 3 is even ok. So for a 3 cell pack dont take it below 9.9 or 9 volts at the most. If you take it below that it will start to damage the pack. For packs that have gone below this you can set the charger for a 2 cell pack just to get the voltage up enough to then charge it as a 3 cell pack again. It is highly recomended that you use some sort of ballancer also to keep the cells equal. If they get a few millivolts out of balance they can ignite violently. I suggest if you are not too familliar with lipos, do a little research. It will save you damage to you, your house, you craft, and your wallet. :)

Neil

Neil

This reply was deleted.

Activity