Unsteady alt-hold

My quad has problems with alt-hold.  It flies fine in stab but once I switch it over it begins to lurch a lot.  It fails to hold altitude too, sometimes it rises and sometimes it drops.

I have altitude Kp set to channel 6 and it is allowed to vary between 0.5 and 3.  This setting does not seem to make much difference as the copter has similar symptoms over the entire range.

I'm not sure if my gains are too high or too low.  I was thinking about setting throttle accel Ki to zero and adjusting either throttle accel Kp or throttle rate Kp using ch6.  I don't want to make it go unstable though.

The other settings that I want to fiddle with are INAV_TC_Z and THR_MID.  What is the difference between THR_MID and TRIM_THROTTLE?

My board has a problem with logging so I am unable to collect/post a log.

Any suggestions?

Here is the video:

http://youtu.be/gHWLuRwdiYs

These are my current settings.  I have also tried the default settings to no avail.3691104117?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• check, or post your .log here, what you described - fits very well into my idea of excessive z vibrations.

• My board is unable to log.  I disabled my dataflash permanently while troubleshooting a hardware problem.  I think I do have a z vibration problem though.  I am using the earplug mounting method for isolation  http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/foam-ear-plugs-for-vibration-da....  I am going to add a bunch of mass to the board to increase inertial resistance.

Does anybody have a good method for balancing a motor and prop assembly?  I am trying to make an android spectrum analyzer app that can be used to perform the four run balancing procedure.  In the meantime i would like to figure out some way of doing this.

• Vibrations, Check in .log
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…