Upload code to Pixhawk using Arduino

Hi,

I am new to Pixhawk. I just bought a pixhawk and want to upload my arducopter code (I added my own flight mode) to pixhawk using arduino. However, I found out that the selection of hal board in the arduino does not have pixhawk as one of the option. Does anyone know how to upload arducopter code to pixhawk?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics

If you use the Arduino IDE to make a hex file, Mission Planner can upload it for you. 

• Admin

@Chris,

I do not believe that either the PX4 or the Pixhawk navigation processors are in the modified Arduino IDE HAL  dropdown board selector. At least the last time I looked they were not there.

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

• So what should I do in order to select the suitable HAL?

• Instructions for building for Pixhawk can be found here.  You can use Eclipse as an IDE - instructions are here

Andrew

• Hi;

Also for Y6 config - should I just change the line '//#define FRAME_CONFIG QUAD_FRAME' in the APM_config.h file to :

#define FRAME_CONFIG Y6_FRAME

?

Or do I also need to do something else before compiling?

• Hi;

I have better luck with using the "make px4", 

OK after I built the 'ArduCopter-v2.px4' with make, how do I upload this file to the Pixhawk?  via APMplanner? QGroundControl?  Where to place this file for them to upload?

Rgds

• Developer

In APM Planner 2.0 enable 'Advanced Mode' front he File menu item. Then in the Install Firmware view under Intial Setup you can click the 'custom' button to upload your fw image.

• I tried but it says I need Java Runtime Environment. How do I get this installed in windows 7?

• Thanks a lot. It works!

This reply was deleted.

Activity