Replies

• Hi GP,

I just posted a similar request in the APM forum site under Mission Planner and Telemetry.  I feel there needs to be a easy way to allow monitoring (receive only) from a ground station as well as command and control (transceive) from another ground station such as a laptop/pc and/or tablet/smart phone device.  It should be noted that the two can swap off, but care must be taken to not allow both to control at the same time.  Maybe a Master and Slave configuration in Mission Planner and the telemetry units with the pilot deciding whether to hand off command and control to a second radio with the authority to take it back at anytime he/she chooses too. 

• I have been doing some reading, and I see a lot about "heartbeats" It is from my understanding that this heart beat message is constantly being sent back and forth. 

So if we take control off one we might lose the heartbeat signal, which would be bad.

I am not too sure.

• Just a thought but if WiFi was used and the freq was changed to a 40 MHz channel width for better range, the IP address could be copter specific, MP or APM can be recompiled to run multiple instances and share the same resource library resulting in the ability to then show both UAVs info at the same time?
  • Well at first I miss read the post, as I use one base station radi with 2 UAVs but not at the same time... But I never tried to turn on two at the same time to see what it does...

In know MP knows the differnt between the two as it saves differnt load files based on the connected UAV so in the morning I will turn them both on and see what happens... I do not think the 3dr radio and multiplex the signal that way but will see what it does wither way

Have a feeling it will connect to one or the other based on the first connection, possibly you could pause the port and use two radios and switch that way... 

Have you tried Universal Ground Station?

• Im beta testing UGS. Its not ready, especially for fixed wings.
      • So you are testing it for quadrotors?

Also how many radio modules and uavs do you have?

• Please explain more about how this works. How does mission planner handle the two different downlinks? How can you utilize 2 different com ports in one instance of MP?
  • Yes, doing that now

• Are you Doing 1 radio talking to 2 Uavs?

This reply was deleted.

Activity