Utility Towers Inspection

Hi everyone, I am new here. We are conducting a project with an Electric Company in South America, the plan is to test a DEMO to evaluate if we can improve actual method of towers and lines maned inspections using UAV Helis to take till and thermal pictures. My main concern is the posible interference with the radio and/or electronics on board due to the proximity of the high voltage system. Because we want to fly the UAV as far as posible from towers, we are trying to find the best solution, specially for the camera, maybe using a higher resolution insted of better optical zoom ?? more zoom give you more movement... any comments? I will apreciate any help...

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 100KM
    My friends at nw aero pix can help you they have years of experience .
    http://www.nw-aero-pix.com/
  • Following is paper that you may be interested for your application;

D. Jones, "Power line inspection - a UAV concept," in Autonomous Systems, 2005. The IEE Forum on (Ref. No. 2005/11271), 2005, p. 8 pp.
  • Ofil has daytime cameras that detect corona in full daylight. Corona, as you know creates radio interference. If you write to ofil@ofilsystems.com or visit Ofil's website www.ofilsystems.com you willl get solutions.
    Ofil's DayCor Corona Cameras- Original Professional Sensitive
    Ofil offers a selection of DayCor Corona Cameras to pinpoint partial discharge on medium and high voltage appratuses
  • I would be looking at Panasonic's line of stabilized long zoom cameras - they're also lightweight.
  • Hi
    have you got a profile/ criteria plan of what you need/want to inspect per pylon?
This reply was deleted.

Activity