V-tail and flaperon mixing

So I know that the old APM code used to support v-tail and flaperon mixing. I've been searching all over the place to see if there is a mixer available for the pixhawk. Does anybody know about one?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There is a vtail option, they just haven't bothered to add it to the gui. If you use latest beta 3.2+ iirc then you set frame type to "4" and it's a basic vtail configuration. I was able to get my lynx motion vtail 500 flying with it pretty well without tuning. Was using pixhawk not apm though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J5duMmv2gs

• Okay, I guess I'll reply to my own post to help the community. In short, as of the date of this post, to my knowledge there is no V-tail or flaperon mixing for fixed wing aircraft in the PX4 firmware. Both V-tail and flaperon mixing are available in the APM firmware, so this is the firmware I will be moving to for this project. The mixing would be fairly simple to integrate into the PX4 firmware, but as of now the APM firmware seems to be much more stable and capable. The APM firmware along with mission planner are both supported and regulated by 3D Robotics. It also seems to have a great developer team. That is the main reason why I'm moving to the APM firmware. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity