Video Transmission

I am curious if anyone has been able to transmit video through the radio modem itself. I have been doing aerial photography from UAS for over two years now but have had a seperate video transmitter and telemetry and radio control. Th eproblem is I use 3.4 ghz radio control for the plane. 900 mhz for the radio modem and 1.3 ghz for the video. I would ideally like to place my video and telemetry on the 900mhz so that I can have longer range and less payload. Thank you

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• when i do long distance flights, i use a cell modem
  • What U need is the UART camera

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9334

That sends 1 fps down any serial connection. Forget about full frame rate composite video if sharing a data modem.
  • It would be nice if Hollywood would let us you these drones to do some of the shooting for the next Transformers 3 movie. The only problem is we can't seem to get the HD quality and control of the shot they want.

James
    Helinet Aviation
    Los Angeles, CA charters
  • What I worry about with transmitting the telemetry over audio line is that I have not found a video transmitter that can have encrypted communications between the transmitter and receiver so that you do not have cross communications and I have not found a two way video link. If there was a modem that was commercially available to be able to stream enough data back and forth would be ideal. I wish you could just like shotgun two radio modems even like they did with dial up for a while.
  • At Embry-Riddle we've done combined video and command/telemetry using modified 802.11b hardware. To stay legal, we run it as an amateur radio under FCC part 97. Any ethernet camera works as an input; we've used the Axis 207 with good results, although it is sensitive to vibration.
  • cool thanks for the info. i think i'll get one of those simulators, but i'm also going to simultaneously purchase either a T28 trainer or an easystar
  • sorry it is a typo. I use 2.4 ghz for the radio system
  • Where do you buy a 3.4 GHz radio control system? Is this some sort of custom rig?
  • Well you can use Time division multiplexing to have data from different sources
    being transmitted on the same frequency. Only a single transmitter will do the job in that case!

Of course then you will have to implement some protocol in software that manages the packetizing and synchronization tasks. The ground receiver will have to be synchronized to get relevant data.
  • It is possible to put telemetry on the audio channel of the video link. See RC-Cam for at least one thread with details of software and hardware to create interface.

Peter
This reply was deleted.

Activity