Website chat visibility thoughts

Would anyone else prefer to have the website chat applet visible by default as a sidebar? I noticed that it was recently added as a bar, hidden by default, at the bottom of the page, but even when there are 100+ people online as it is now, the chances of receiving a quick reply (within a few minutes) are slim. 

I feel that if more people were aware of the chat feature and had constant visibility of its activity (of course with the ability to still hide it if desired) that collaboration and productivity would be much higher!

It's so frustrating to have a simple question that I'm sure a good portion of people currently on the site would be happy to quickly answer, only to be forced to bury it into one of the forum posts and have to wait hours or days for a reply. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What happened to the chat anyway? I used to keep http://diydrones.com/chat/index/popOutWindow open in a browser page of its own and used it too. It's a missed opportunity! With some better method of promotion it could have been quite useful. Did it cause technical problems or something?

• This site already wastes more screen space than anything I've ever really used before.  Since it's already borderline unusable..  No, I don't think another screen waster which would diminish the already marginal functionality of the forums is needed.

•  where has the website chat gone ? how am I meant to procrastinate now have to go back to facebook...

This reply was deleted.

Activity