Replies

• There are many drones around $100, most of them are fixed wing (called airplanes). They have smooth stable flight.

Look at something like the Bix3 for FPV.

Then start adding transmitter (unless you have), for another $50-$250 depending on what you want.

Add a camera + VTX, depending on quality pay $25 and up. Then get a receiver + HobbyKing Quanum FPV box on head (This is what I use), or a receiver + 7" screen.

If you are already into flying, all you would need is a $100 Bix + a $15 receiver, and you would reuse your batteries, transmitters, and video equipment. Will fly without flight controller. You can then later add APM + M8N. Total $55 from China for clone.

If you want smooth stable and a quad, look for DJI Phantom 2 with DJI camera. Still better than APM.

Like in most sports, starting out is expensive (LiPos, charger, Video equipment and Transmitter which you share between planes/quads).

• Not sure what you want the video for ?

Many people are seeing the drone as a camera platform, and many would be better off with a stick, possible a stick with a gimbal. For smooth video you do need a 3-axis gimbal. That is another $50-$100.

There are so many components in this. IMHO, a safe bet would be to buy a DJI Phantom P2V+ (had one of these), and it makes smooth HD video - So see if you can find one on a shelf. Otherwise the Phantom 3 standard is $500 currently. And you can get 1 hour of flight trraining included to save on parts and repairs.

• Before you dive in with massive dollars I would seriously take a look at the Hubsan H107D or D+  - around $150.

Spend $50 on some batteries (+ a 4 battery at a time charger) and a crash pack

No goggles, but comes with everything and is really fun to fly...and easy on crashes because of low mass. Learn to fly on it, then decide what you want to do.

If you want to get goggles, then get some cheap ones

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__63646__Quanum_Complete_F...

If you decide to go for autonomous and not an FPV racer then you will already know how to fly...and spend less repairing your new, more expensive quad.

And...you'll have the Hubsan to fly around inside during Winter.

• I had a small look at the Walkera f210, seems decent. The Walkera Furious 320 is sick though, it can apparently go 120 km/h. It is fast. 

• What about $90 hexa?its almost a toy,but it will be perfect for start

http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_193703.html?wid=3?utm_sou...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kK7DksLSyQ&ebc=ANyPxKrRkwubHnW...

• You're welcome and eventually I think it will be available on other sites like amazon. But one thing thougj the watch takes some getting use to. It has like a slight delay in the controls. But one plus is its convenient cause my Iris+ plus has a huge remote. Eventually I'm gonna do side by side comparison of the two drones in action.
    • Cool, but does anyone have any view on the DJI F450. I found that out a few days ago and it looks cool to mess around with even when not flying e.g turning it into an x8 heavy-lift.

• Just bought a F450 a week ago from Getfpv.com for under $200. Added an old APM 2.5, GPS,Telemetry and a 8 amp 3S battery and so far I am very happy.  Still tuning a bit.

Regards,

David R. Boulanger

This reply was deleted.

Activity