What the hell happened to my plane?

I just took my built up Bixler 2 for a test fly, and a couple of minutes in, It nosed dived into the ground and completely wrote off the plane. I took off in manual, switched to stabilise, then switched to FBWA. All was fine (expect the plane struggled to roll to the left on FBWA, but was fine rolling to the right). I flew a little longer on stabilised, then switched to loiter. The plane locked onto a heading, throttled up, then started to bank to turn. All of a sudden the thing over rotated, so I tried to switch the manual, but it was too late, and it went nose first into field, conveniently digging a hole in the ground that ended with a big rock. Everything was destroyed, apart from the APM which was still transmitting to my tablet with droidplanner 2 on it, made finding the wreckage in the long grass a little easier. Please have a look at the log file and let me know what happened, so It doesn't happen again. 

2014-08-16 14-13-07.tlog

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Upload.log, tlog is no good for questions like this.
    • Ok, I am having some trouble downloading it from the APM. On my mac with APM planner 2.0 I can't find where it puts the logs, It says they are downloaded, but a search of my mac yields nothing. 

• Always start with the basics. What battery configuration were you using?
    • Im using two 2200 3S in parallel. It doesn't appear to be a power problem, they were fully charged, and despite some superficial damage in the impact, they were both in good condition, and still well over 12 volts upon checking.  The plane powered into the ground and I had good RSSI. The plane was still powered up when I got to it (albeit missing and engine, some servos and all my FPV gear. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity