Replies

• Is it possible that with APM that ch6, 7 & 8 should be user configurable be it analogue functionality or digital ?

Maybe the limited I/O count warrants this as oppose to Pixhawk.

• easy guys .

yeah it is new in 3.2 beta by randy

it is now on ch7 / ch8

https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/commit/0518439841eccf41ede1b...

there must have been a good reason . It looks logical anyway to have it there

• Thank you Matthias!

Motion I understand the frustration,

you could always load the source/firmware from what worked for you.

probably not what you want however all the other solutions I can think of have either been mentioned or do require significant effort on your part.

• Thanks FC.

It's ok iv'e moved on to achieving what was lost another way.

• MR60

Why don't you use CH5 to trigger RTL when required and then free CH7 for your relay application ?

• Thanks Hugues, yes i did do that now but am not really happy with the solution.

I guess my point was wanting to know why Relay was dropped from Ch6. It was just sitting harmlessly minding its own business in the drop down for ch6 when along came someone who thought it was the "black sheep" in the crowd and removed it which instantly pulled my nav lights out of operation when i went from FW3.2 to the latest FW.

No point getting hung up on it i suppose...

• Seriously?  You think the volunteer programmers and developers who spend countless hours of their personal off time on this just decided to remove it to mess with you?  You think they said to themselves "well nobody uses this so we'll just randomly remove it"?  You think they're all here to personally cater to you and your needs?

Here is a more likely scenario that a reasonable person who isn't a jerk would conclude... "This is a completely overhauled new version and things change.  There must be a reason why it was removed.  I wonder what it is.  Maybe I'll go on the forum and ask for advice on a solution."

Personally, I hope the guys who know the exact answer and have a perfect solution for you don't tell you, just on principle based on your crap attitude

• Another bizarre post.

You have anger issues. Please go elsewhere to sort yourself out.

When you can comment intelligently then come back.

• I'm about to get my nav lights working too, but no need to blow steam. Raise it as an issue and get it re-included in 3.3, it's Open Source, if you're in a hurry then compile your own modified MP.

http://dev.ardupilot.com/wiki/buildin-mission-planner/

• Michael, thanks, i am capable to modify source and re-compile but that misses the point and correct me if im wrong but its not MP. MP picks up params from the FW on the craft.

All i did was upgrade FW and then the option in MP for Relay was lost.

This reply was deleted.

Activity