I have successfully built an API that will work with Ipad/ Iphone and will be able to port it to Android. This app can create missions, follow live mavlink .9 (Still working on 1.0) data with telemetry data. Cool thing is that it is a cheap cable to make. I want to know how many people would be interested in this App and the cable. There will be two versions one for jail broke devices that will have a few extras and for regular IOS and Droid OS. If there enough buzz I will give a lucky few in couple weeks a free beta pass through iTunes to be able to test and use for flight. What the app does is that it send a mavlink message to the xbee or 3d radio back and forth so you be able to fly and track using your tablet or phone.

https://code.google.com/p/airmavgcs/ 

Project Home

3690943318?profile=original

3690943370?profile=original3690943422?profile=original3690943404?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Android is the way to go, it has USB host capability for those sweet radios, and does not finance patent war to stop progress and competition. - And - CopterControl for Android works now  is a good start.

• Apple MFI program. Yes, android is much more open source. However, this app is more of a mavlink system that will work with APM1 or 2 and be able to send messages through the xbee or 3d radio since it is a serial link. People are begging for a IOS app for telemetry and attitude indicator flight instruments like useing Mission Planner. This will not replace Mission Planner at all just a tool that can be used in the field. The cable I made only uses the volt, grd, tx, rx. I will have demo out soon. Apple has alot of rules for devices but there is many devices that use bluetooth and wifi that might be a better option. I am trying to keep this project as DIY and not a production for money.

• Zachary, how are you connecting hardware to an un-jailbroken iPhone?  As far as I know there are only two practical ways to do that: License the tech through Apple's MFI program or plug into the headphone jack and encode your protocol in audio frequencies.  Android is definitely easier, you can get an IOIO board for $50.

BTW I've got the beginnings of a gcs that can run on an iphone, but it needs to be networked to a netbook or something running server software. Screenshot attached.

3692454121?profile=original

MFi Program - Apple Developer
    Join the MFi licensing program and get the hardware components, tools, documentation, technical support and certification logos needed to create AirP…
  • Distributor

Count me in for sure! 

This is a great thing. 

Dany

• I have an Android phone, rooted, and I would be totally interested in this!

• Count me in as interested.  I'd love to leave my MacBook Pro running Parallels at home.  Put me in the non-jailbroken category.  Though I do have an old iPhone that's jailbroken....

• Sounds great, I'm very interested in this!

• Zachary, 

I am very new at this but I was just getting ready to ask if there is a way to put all of this on my iPad so I can use it on there.  I think  that would be really cool! Also a question, I am what you would call an extreme novice at this but it is very interesting to me. Any advice on what type of plane and things to buy would be very helpful. 

I would be very interested in the app and the cable, it sounds exactly like something i would use

Jake 

• Would be cool but don't have my copter built yet.
This reply was deleted.

Activity