I have successfully built an API that will work with Ipad/ Iphone and will be able to port it to Android. This app can create missions, follow live mavlink .9 (Still working on 1.0) data with telemetry data. Cool thing is that it is a cheap cable to make. I want to know how many people would be interested in this App and the cable. There will be two versions one for jail broke devices that will have a few extras and for regular IOS and Droid OS. If there enough buzz I will give a lucky few in couple weeks a free beta pass through iTunes to be able to test and use for flight. What the app does is that it send a mavlink message to the xbee or 3d radio back and forth so you be able to fly and track using your tablet or phone.

https://code.google.com/p/airmavgcs/ 

Project Home

3690943318?profile=original

3690943370?profile=original3690943422?profile=original3690943404?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes count me in. Iphone / ipad app will be great. (unjailbroken)
  • General Question on buttons. I was thinking of a big red button RTL or Abort on the screen at all times? Good yes or no?

• I'll be interested in it of course. :)

• Working on the images and overlays to get a more graphically interface instead of showing mavlink message traffic. With this much buzz it has giving me more motivation to have this done. I almost have my new plane done so I be able to test this in the air soon. I finished figuring out the Frsky DR4 mode that turns a 4 channel receiver to a 8 channel useing CPPM. Work very well and less wires.
    Check list of Projects:
    New Plane build with Carbonfiber and Fiberglass: 95%
    APM 2 CPPM mode test with Frsky DR4 reciever: 100% Done
    Iphone/IPAD GCS Mavlink app: 50% Release date: TBD Projected date: Two Weeks or less
    Android GCS Mavlink app: 60% Release date:TBD Projected date: Two Weeks or less.
    Custom Er9x built in screen with onboard video with programmable Smartboard firmware: 100% Done
    Programmed controller with all six modes:95%
    Taking out the garbage: 0% crap lol

• I'm waiting for an iPad app since I first ordered APM2 board .. Hope you recente enough feedback to make the apps, I realy don't want to buy a laptop just for my GS, I prefer the iPad as it is very portable and I can make anything I need with it (download Photos from camera, compact or SLR; edit Photos and send them online to clients; check mail,etc) If I can use it as a GS will be more than perfect.

I have both iPhone and iPad but prefer the iPad for my GS as it has a bigger screen and it's not ringing every 10 or 20 minutes :d
  • Hello,

Nice idea,

I'm waiting for the iPad version (no jailbreak).

Thanks for your work,

Marc

• Would love to help you test as well as be a customer if you get it up on itunes.  I have a iOS developer account, quite a few iOS devices you could register and I could test any apps, just let me know if you need my device ID's.  Also, a few of the devices are jailbroken as well.  Let me know, would be glad to help

• I would definitely make a $$ contribution to this project for an android app. Especially if it scaled properly for a tablet.  Buying the Asus Transformer Infinity in a couple weeks :)  I also have a rooted EVO 3D if you are looking for beta testers.

• Hi
    Please count me in for an unjailbroken Ipad and a Jailbroken Iphone!

Good work!

Thank you

Regards

Rodolfo Magnus
  • Hi Zachary,

Count me please for the iOS if there is still room.

Thanks

Regards

This reply was deleted.

Activity