Why won't my ESC work?

Hi! 
I am a first time builder trying to build a quadcopter. I was setting up my CC3D when I noticed that only two motors were working and the others were stuttering back and forth. I switched ESCs around and those ESCs that worked before still worked and the ones that didn't still didn't work. 

So I tried resoldering the connections with no avail. I currently am trying to recalibrate the ESCs but we the beeping comes it is super silent and you have to put your ear up to it to hear the beeps. After recalibration, the motors still stutter. I did try fresh new ESCs and it did the same thing. So I wonder if the calibration isn't working or something? BTW my ESCs are 12amp Emax SimonK ones and my motors are Emax 1806 running on a 3s battery. 

If there is anything I can do to fix the problem that has plagued me for a week, please let me know! Thanks a ton in advance!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello are you using the wizard to setup your copter?
    • Yea I am using the CC3D openpilot to set it up.

• You need to set up the ESC during the wizard set the correct frequency of the ESC your using
        • Are you talking about Hz? I did set them to 50 hz in the wizard and like I said, half worked and half didn't. I have this esc: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261830355164?lpid=82&chn=ps.  Thanks for the reply!

• Should be 60hz fast ESC , then in the wizard to setup motors move slider till the motor move for each motor.
            • So you need to connect the ESC to your rx throttle Chanel directly to see if they do work and it not the FC issue.
              • Yea it is the same story, two work and two don't. So is it the ESC that doesn't work or the motors?

• You can conect up a not working motor with working ESC to test that out?
                  • Yeah it looks like the motors are the problem. I think one of the wires to the motors is broken. I will have to pop open the motor and see I guess! Thanks for your help!

• That is when two of the motors twitched back and forth when I was trying to find the neutral position. Also I think for the options there was 50 hz, rapid fire esc, and then the one shot ESC so I went with 50 hz. Thanks!

This reply was deleted.

Activity