Hi I am looking at purchasing a lawmate 1000mw 1.2-1.3 ghz system with high sensitivity receiver and was wondering if anyone here had some experience with it or similar.

I have a somewhat modified bixler 2 with apm 2.6 915mhz modem, 9x 2.4ghz receiver and ublox m8n gps. The aim of this drone is for shark watch, I live on the east coast of Australia.

Will the lawmate interfere or be interfered with by any of my other electronics?

Will the 1000mw interfere with the servos?

I'm looking for reliable decent range (3km -/+) video that won't drop out on me.

Will mount the tx and cam on the nose of the plane, the modem and gps is on the tail, the apm and 9x are in the middle (near the motor).

Thankyou very much in advance, I have been reading these forums for months now, first time posting. If you need more information in order to reply let me know.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 2.4ghz wont get you out to 3+km.

Why do you think you need a 1W 1.2ghz transmitter. You can get away with 200mw at 3km. Anyways harmonics only goes up in the spectrum.. So if anything the 915mhz will affect your 1.2 and 2.4ghz systems, and 1.2ghz will affect 2.4ghz.

• I was only thinking of the 1w at the time because someone around here was selling a lawmate system pretty cheap but I decided against it because 1w is completely unnecessary. Better antenna's not more power.

Anyway I have decided against fpv for the time being, I want to do hd recording so I'm setting up a gimbal + action cam and auto camera tracking with apm and send it out on autopilot.

This reply was deleted.

Activity